- Length: 50 minutes
- Class size: up to ~ 300 (lecture)
- Learners: mid-Program medical students
- Presentation slides (3.7 MB – in Microsoft Powerpoint format)
- Facilitator notes (1.0 MB – in PDF)
- Prezi off-line presentation (57 MB zip – Windows & OSX)
- Prezi online (reusable)
Learning activity aim:
To demonstrate the clinical application of absolute cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk assessment.
At the end of this learning activity, students will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of absolute CVD risk assessment
- Identify the information required to use the CVD risk charts and calculator
- Demonstrate the use of the CVD risk assessment tools
- Describe the management of a patient’s cardiovascular risk according to best practice guidelines
“Absolute cardiovascular disease risk: assessment and early intervention” by Michael Tam is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Australia License.